NOTAM Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTAM Forums

Pilot Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reorganization Announcement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dogcreek
Council President
Council President
Dogcreek

Reorganization Announcement Empty
PostSubject: Reorganization Announcement   Reorganization Announcement EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:37 pm

NOTAM:

Flight Crews: First and foremost, thank you being a member of NorthLink Virtual Airlines. Without our pilots we would be an empty spot in the VA world. We are proud of what has been accomplished this year and we thank you for your patience as we grew and transitioned to the best ACARS program available.

As with many VA's, times, seasons, participation rates and interests change. Completely understood... and expected. As you may have noted our flying is down about 60% since summer has hit and this was anticipated. Good weather gives us an opportunity to do the things we miss during the fall, winter and spring. All good stuff.

So please understand that our reorganization is not based at all on our entrance into summer. It is based on 21 years of collective VA experience. Time spent with the most loosely organized VA's to the most realistic Part 121 based VA. Experience when converted to actions that will give all of us an opportunity to enjoy a "premier" VA experience!

We wish that no one worry... The NLA you fly for will still be, in the majority of ways, the same. Same routes, same birds, same blend of real world airlines and our fictitious brand NorthLink.

We will still focus on challenge in our flying, training our sim pilots, making the VA reflect more reality and most importantly growing the camaraderie that has developed in our ranks. The management team will be even more supportive as we have lightened our MTOW. There will be opportunities for current and new members to become more involved. More on that soon...

In the next few days I will be posting the changes we are making. We anticipate that we may lose a pilot or two... We hope not... but it could happen. We only ask that you give us about 4 weeks to roll out our new VA experience. Fly a little in the meantime and think about what it is that makes you want to belong to a VA organization like NorthLink.

Now, instead of leaving you hanging with suspense... we will do the opposite of most RW corporations... and I will share with you the first major change:

We (attending members of the pilot council) have voted in unanimous fashion to change our management model from a council to a standard hierarchy.

The new structure is as follows:

Jeff S: CEO and Chief Pilot of Turboprop AC
Grizz W: COO of Financial Operations and Maintenance Operations
Bill M: COO of ATC and IFR Procedures
Dave R: COO of QA and Chief Pilot of Jet Aircraft

This decision was not made in haste or lightly... We reviewed many sources of input, discussed our abilities to contribute, and discussed why we did not do well with the "chief" program. We believe that the new structure will enhance our ability to serve more pilots while increasing the immersion and learning opportunities a solidly run VA can offer.

Thanks again! Let's fly together!!! Learn together!!! Have fun together!!!

Jeff Stewart ~CEO~NorthLink Virtual Airlines

END NOTAM:

Back to top Go down
http://www.dogcreek.allwebco.com/index2.html
Ken Macelmon
CHIEF CA OPS
CHIEF CA OPS
Ken Macelmon

PostSubject: Re: Reorganization Announcement   Reorganization Announcement EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Sorry I let you and the va down boss,Best of luck to the new team. Mad
Back to top Go down
Rexbo
CHIEF QA ASSURANCE
CHIEF QA ASSURANCE
Rexbo

PostSubject: Re: Reorganization Announcement   Reorganization Announcement EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Same here boss...didn't know that there were problems with the current management team. I have come on TS several times and not found anyone around...

Good luck to the new team! Onward and upward!
Back to top Go down
Dogcreek
Council President
Council President
Dogcreek

PostSubject: Re: Reorganization Announcement   Reorganization Announcement EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Ken and Rex. And all of our members....

First and foremost you are both good friends who have flown with me or at the same VA for a long time. I hope both of you will stay with us. If I have offended or hurt your feelings please please forgive me.... I would hate to lose you as a pilot and/or a friend. And.... it wasn't the intent.

The re-org and meetings and such were announced in the management forum and in the normal posts a number of times over the last month. If the message wasn't clear then I myself take sole responsibility We also ran polls and asked for input.

This does not mean anyone was canned or no longer required. Both of you are valuable members. Please keep a watch on the forums as more info will be coming including the actions expected of the new structure of management. It will begin to make more sense...

To that point, we will review what we can do to involve pilots who want to do more AND can dedicate the time needed. NorthLink will remain "laid back" but with a bigger focus on training and support and sharing the real-side of our virtual flying & virtual world.. We will be stepping up our TS meeting for those who wish to contribute more. We will also offer more input for pilots in where we go from here.

The bottom line is this, we need more involvement in the key positions if we are to grow.. and sometimes this means "circling the wagons." ALL of the new officer positions will have a job description and clear expectations. This is one area I failed the VA with the "council concept." I will be posting these this week. I promise I will do a better job as CEO.

My apologies again... Please hang in there with us as we have a bright future and we hope all current pilots with fly that jetway with us....

Jeff Embarassed

Back to top Go down
http://www.dogcreek.allwebco.com/index2.html
Ken Macelmon
CHIEF CA OPS
CHIEF CA OPS
Ken Macelmon

PostSubject: Re: Reorganization Announcement   Reorganization Announcement EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:26 am

It was my own fault i got canned Ill try to be more active. ,ill get back to flying in the next day or two and tottally support the new team,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reorganization Announcement   Reorganization Announcement Empty

Back to top Go down

Reorganization Announcement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTAM Forums :: Northlink Virtual Airlines :: IMPORTANT NOTAMS-
Jump to: