NOTAM Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTAM Forums

Pilot Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting Russian Hub

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MPE001_CEO
Captain
Captain
MPE001_CEO

Starting Russian Hub Empty
PostSubject: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:48 am

Canadian Arctic is now proud to announce the phase 1 route and fleet for our Russian Hub at USSS Yekaterinburg and our Focus City Russian airport Yelizovo UHPP. With this move also comes Kodiak as our new hub to replace Barrow in April. We feel Kodiak is better suited for Canadian Arctic's gripe in the Arctic and also better to serve PANC and PAFA as a through area to connect with North-Link routes and also assist our Russian hub and focus city. Aircraft chosen for the fleet are AN32, AN12, TU154b and the mighty TU114.
Starting Russian Hub 101613570098892723_zps98209144
Any insults the Canadian North will face me at dawn, except for Jeff Laughing rendeer Alright Jeff bring on a Canuk North fictional. Top this TU114 paint by Jafo at SOH.
Back to top Go down
http://www.canadianarcticvirtual.net/
Dogcreek
Council President
Council President
Dogcreek

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:56 am

LOL... affraid affraid

Jeff rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogcreek.allwebco.com/index2.html
MPE001_CEO
Captain
Captain
MPE001_CEO

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Pic coming soon. Canadian Arctic is now expecting to take delivery of the 787 in Canadian North scheme. The pic coming will show a Aerosim 787 in Canadian North Colors and we are finals with Cam sim for a Canadian North paint for there freeware 787 and C-series Bombardier.
Starting Russian Hub Post-120278-0-81147400-1356383324_zps4bdbcf21
One of our 787's will assigned to USSS.
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 pm

The Tu-114 is well-suited, I would think, being long-legged (in terms of range as well as its stance on the ramp), as it is some 3400 or so NM from UHPP to USSS. Not an MD-83 route. If I'm not mistaken, it will also outrun an MD...and most noisily in the process, to boot!

I was looking at some intermediate 'ports between UHPP and USSS, thinking MDs again, but pickings seem rather slim in that region. I have the Samdim, and would appreciate the paint, as well as knowing whatever 'tweaks' you've felt necessary, as the takeoff performance in the stock form seems lacking to me...
Back to top Go down
MPE001_CEO
Captain
Captain
MPE001_CEO

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:48 am

"takeoff performance"

I have a Russian friend who knows a person at Tupolev Designs factory who is a closet FSX flier. He has the FDE and is going to exam it. Yes Takeoff according to him needs improvement along with the Landing portion of the flight. I'm down at Corpus in Two weeks and we have a Russian TU95 down there with crew, I'll see if I can get clearance to chat with crew and maybe get a tour unless it has a Nuke and NEST is guarding. Then it's a serious No No. NEST means serious business and don't give any time or warnings, just ask ?'s after incident.
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks, I'll be hoping to get the details! I also have (had?) SamDim's An-22; I juiced up the figures in the .air file's entries, and it got flying in about 7000 feet versus closer to 12,000...and that was from ANC! Seemed rather more realistic that way. Unless the propellors have really high angle settings on the low-pitch stops, they really should get aloft better than they do...
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:01 pm

I found alternate flight dynamics (.air and .cfg files) for the Tu-114 at AVSIMRus.com. This package fixes a lot that was not right with the original, especially the weights in the sim, but the initial acceleration at takeoff still seems rather weak, and it seems the A/T limits could use some work. Still, it is an improvement. Alterate FD packs also available for An-22, which also needed them. This seems like a good site for Russia aircraft, airports, scenery, etc.
Back to top Go down
MPE001_CEO
Captain
Captain
MPE001_CEO

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Avsim.ru is where I get all my Russian needs and fixes. There is a version 3 of the AN12 that is nice in fs9 and if ya know what your doing can be coddled into FSX/Prepar3D. If your looking for the paints for the TU-114, there is a slew of them including Canadian North at Sim-Outhouse done by SOH member Jafo. I haven't had anytime to go and see the TU95 and have not heard from my Russian source at Tupolev in a week. That's pretty usual for him although. As for me I'm busy on standby alert for Carnival Cruise ship being tugged in. Although I have the LE and MSD teams also with me on alert in Case the Bahama's grant us boarding and enforcement rights in International waters. Right now we cant go aboard till the vessel gets in US Economic zone and Waters. The USN cant respond do to politics and budget err. I hate it when cruise lines flag reg isn't the US or Canada or Mexico.
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Flags of Convenience is what it's called. It enables operators to skirt the often-onerous US, UK, and other high-end, regulatory, unionization and licensing schemes. On the one hand, ships so flagged (eg, Liberia) are much cheaper to build, crew, and operate. On the other hand, when things go wrong, this dodge can turn an annoyance into a catastrophe. Some third-world countries have been known to get into "bidding wars" for flagging new-construction shipping, competing with each other to loosen already-lax regulations to attract new shipping licensing fees. Last I heard, Liberian flags fly on the greater number of supertankers (aka, moving hazards to navigation/artificial reef-in-waiting); none have ever been to Monrovia, and it's not as if Liberia needs that much oil...
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Tim -

I see MV Carnival Triumph has finally been towed in to Mobile. With any luck, you'll be able to secure for now, and go scope out the Bear, if it's still on base...I hope it hasn't split, yet!

No joy finding your paint at SOH; is that for FSX only? Would not help me if it was, since I'm FS9 only...

Tomorrow: propeller calculations! Oh, joy!....
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 am

FSX skin...does no good for lower-caste FS9 types. Take a photo of the back side of the prop blades on the Bear if you can...
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:02 am

Noticed something intriguing (a dangerous word to use when discussing matters Russian, I know!): most sources list the Tu-114 as having a range of 4000 to 5000 NM, while my references give a range of 8000 NM for the Tu-95 and Tu-142. As the Tu-114 shared the wings, engines, tailfeathers, and two-thirds of the landing gear of tge Tu-95/142, I grew curious. I found the discrepancy in the cruise speed: apparently standard for the airliner was Mach 0.71 or 0.72. The 'economical cruise speed' for the Bears is given as 383 KTAS, which is M0.66-0.68, depending on altitude (temperature, actually!) at ISA.

Now, listing a single 'economical cruise speed' for a propeller aircraft is a gross oversimplification, and even though the NK-12 turboprop is a gas turbine power plant, it still behaves like a prop in most aerodynamic considerations.

The table of "Optimum Range Operating Conditions" for the B-36 was an entire page of varying operational data, with altitudes, airspeeds, and engine settings all changing as the weight changed through the flight. A similar table for the Tu-114 might well be simpler, but the altitude, airspeed/Mach, and weight For a turbojet or turbofan engine, optimum range is given at an airspeed corresponding to best L/D. However, propeller installations achieve optimum range at the airspeed giing best (L/D^2/3).

As a very crude approximation, I set up a pair of routes from LAS to MNL, one of 6530 NM following the Great Circle routing, and he other running LAS-HNL-MNL, 7585 NM in total. Cruise speed was set as M0.66 at FL320 to M0.68 at FL360 and above. Interestingly, the longer southern route is easier to do, due to the jet stream found near Japan.

Just thought you might be interested; the enroute times might not be viable for pax service, but seem suitable for cargo ops...
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Now comes the word that Carnival Cruise Lines is planning to stiff the Coast Guard for the towing fees (almost $800,000) for their ship (MV Carnival Triumph), saying, "It's the duty of all members of the maritime community to come to the aid of a vessel in distress." As it appears the particular "distress" may have been caused by maintenance, crewing, or operational issues, and thus possibly self-inflicted, I would expect a court fight. Unless, of course, Csrnival made the proper political donations...
Back to top Go down
MPE001_CEO
Captain
Captain
MPE001_CEO

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:08 pm

sk5ktiger wrote:
Now comes the word that Carnival Cruise Lines is planning to stiff the Coast Guard for the towing fees (almost $800,000) for their ship (MV Carnival Triumph), saying, "It's the duty of all members of the maritime community to come to the aid of a vessel in distress." As it appears the particular "distress" may have been caused by maintenance, crewing, or operational issues, and thus possibly self-inflicted, I would expect a court fight. Unless, of course, Csrnival made the proper political donations...

Well they forget, we can issue a severe fine and also confiscate there flag and vessel. Depends on what our MSDT's decide as that is department. there best bet is pay up not stiff or risk the USCG seizing the ship. We already once had to go out and catch the ship when it broke away from it's mooring line at Mobile and that incident killed 1. We have one of our New Fast Attack Cutter's is guarding Triumph atm with a USN Frigate. Many of the customer's have already req a judge put the Triumph into USCG custody permanent and ask the judge to bump it to the SCOTUS to issue Congress a order to fix the flagging laws. those Flagging laws are the issue of safety and security.
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Good to know. I am not normally a fan of government persecution, but Carnival is definitely an exception!
Back to top Go down
sk5ktiger
CHIEF PILOT
CHIEF PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 10:28 pm

i've only achieved "limited success" in getting JAFO's FSX texture to work for FS9.  Any suggestions for clearing up the "blurries" in the texture?

Back to top Go down
MPE001_CEO
Captain
Captain
MPE001_CEO

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:49 pm

sk5ktiger wrote:
i've only achieved "limited success" in getting JAFO's FSX texture to work for FS9.  Any suggestions for clearing up the "blurries" in the texture?

Hum maybe just a thought. FSX textures are same as FS9, however the FS9 texture is flipped to make FSX besides being DDS format. Another thought is the thing called mips. I have heard mips in Fs9 can cause a blurr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Russian Hub   Starting Russian Hub Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting Russian Hub
Page 1 of 1