NOTAM Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTAM Forums

Pilot Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A future state....

Go down 
4 posters

I would like NorthLink to....
Stay exactly the same as it is now
A future state.... Vote_lcap44%A future state.... Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
See it introduce entry tests and more serious flying
A future state.... Vote_lcap11%A future state.... Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
See it become more strict and like RW airlines operations
A future state.... Vote_lcap11%A future state.... Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
See it become more serious and focused on RW operations as well as pilot training and learning
A future state.... Vote_lcap33%A future state.... Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Dogcreek
Council President
Council President
Dogcreek

A future state.... Empty
PostSubject: A future state....   A future state.... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:19 pm

NOTAM:

Flight Crews, please take the following poll: Thank you!

:End NOTAM
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogcreek.allwebco.com/index2.html
dsibert

dsibert

A future state.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A future state....   A future state.... EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:47 pm

I would need to know what "more serious flying" and "real world flying" means... before I could answer.

thanks

Denny
Back to top Go down
Alaskan Flyboy

A future state.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A future state....   A future state.... EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 pm

This topic is a little old, but I'm assuming you're referring to operating like MidCon did?
Back to top Go down
Dogcreek
Council President
Council President
Dogcreek

A future state.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A future state....   A future state.... EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi John, and also thanks for joining...! Smile

In essence yes... the challenge is still to duplicate dispatches at the level we had with MCA... The VAFS method is OK but it really is falling short... We are toying around with this and for now it looks like we might have a "dispatch day" to see if pilots like it. There are 5 or 6 MCA guys here who enjoyed the depth and precision of of DX Collier's releases...

What I wouldn't give to be able to use the old system. But, to be fair, VAFS does appeal to more guys, so the best of both worlds would be to have a opt in/opt out for both flying types, same airline...

This is still very much a work in progress.. We want to make sure to not lose anyone over it...and at the same time gain pilots with it if I can figure out how to make it selectable

Jeff rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogcreek.allwebco.com/index2.html
Rexbo
CHIEF QA ASSURANCE
CHIEF QA ASSURANCE
Rexbo

A future state.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A future state....   A future state.... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:19 am

A lot of guys definitely enjoy flying VAFS, but if it gets too intense and controlled, many will feel it is not as fun as it is today, and that is whn they're here...it is a fun hobby, while affording a bit of realism...
Back to top Go down
Alaskan Flyboy

A future state.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A future state....   A future state.... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:31 am

Dogcreek wrote:
Hi John, and also thanks for joining...! Smile

In essence yes... the challenge is still to duplicate dispatches at the level we had with MCA... The VAFS method is OK but it really is falling short... We are toying around with this and for now it looks like we might have a "dispatch day" to see if pilots like it. There are 5 or 6 MCA guys here who enjoyed the depth and precision of of DX Collier's releases...

What I wouldn't give to be able to use the old system. But, to be fair, VAFS does appeal to more guys, so the best of both worlds would be to have a opt in/opt out for both flying types, same airline...

This is still very much a work in progress.. We want to make sure to not lose anyone over it...and at the same time gain pilots with it if I can figure out how to make it selectable

Jeff rendeer

If done as an opt-in system, I doubt you'd lose anyone.

I wish I knew the particulars of the old MidCon system. I have a good friend who is a programer who I asked not too long ago if he'd be interested in trying to program a system like that. But, without Collier's imput, I'm not sure what the system all involves. He wouldn't program it for free, but I wouldn't expect him to.

And it was a pleasure. I'm flying a route right now and since I have a lack of paints, I'm actually using my old B734 MidCon paint I made years ago for the FT 737PIC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A future state.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A future state....   A future state.... Empty

Back to top Go down

A future state....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTAM Forums :: Northlink Virtual Airlines :: IMPORTANT NOTAMS-
Jump to: